Quirky Ales are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Quirky Ales may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 20th 2018.
What We Collect
We may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information including name, telephone number and email address when you sign up to or purchase a service.
- Demographic information such as postcode.
- Photographs from events we attend or organise. You will be asked permission before your photo is used.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To ensure we meet the requirements of the law when providing our services.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- To publicise events we attend/organise on our website or social media.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Please visit: https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies to learn how to do this.
Cookies We Use
DYNSRV: This cookie is enables load balancing on our servers and collects no personal data.
PREF: This YouTube 3rd party cookie may store user preferences and are set via YouTube videos embedded within our website (expires after 8 months).
VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: This YouTube 3rd party cookie may store user preferences and are set via YouTube videos embedded within our website (expires after 8 months).
YSC: YouTube is a Google owned platform for hosting and sharing videos. YouTube collects user data through videos embedded in websites, which is aggregated with profile data from other Google services in order to display targeted advertising to web visitors across a broad range of their own and other websites (expires at the end of your session).
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We currently do not market via email, thus your email address will not be added to any mailing list.
- If you believe we hold incorrect information about you, you may request that it be corrected by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- Where relevant, you have the right to be forgotten and may request the deletion of information we hold about you by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.